Vision: Engaging learners in the love of literacy, fine arts, sciences, and world cultures.
Mission: Providing a personalized K-5 learning community that respects all student learning styles and each student’s diverse capacity.
School Values: Listen, Respect, Try, Give
- Fine Arts = Art, Music, Drama, Writing, and Dance
- K-5 choir, two bands, string ensemble, and orchestra along with grade level music classes
- Grade level and personalized Art classes/workshops.
- Fall Drama and Spring Musical along with Drama based Social Studies in all grades.
- Writing workshops, author nights, poetry, and field journals.
- Exploration in the world of Dance through workshops.
- Standards Based Teaching and Learning
- AAK, a fine arts community elementary school, accomplishes its K-5 student achievement through the Colorado Standards Based Teaching/Learning Cycle.
- Foundations of Literacy
- Foundations of Math Development
- Foundations of Handwriting
- Civilization Studies
- Life and Physical Sciences, History, Anthropology, Archaeology, Economics, and Community over time.
- We build world history, culture, and civilization knowledge and understanding, through an interdisciplinary Social Studies and Science curriculum.
- Science is aligned the Next Generation Science Standards.
- Interdisciplinary Content Connections
- Collaboration across content disciplines through interdisciplinary teaming for life-long learning efficacy.