The AAK Community Learning Center is open to all AAK students!
The Community Learning Center (CLC) at The Academy of Arts and Knowledge offers FREE before, after, and out-of-school academic enrichment opportunities for all families enrolled at AAK. We utilize the school space, when school is not in session, to offer academic support and enrichment, music and arts programming, family and civic engagement opportunities, health and wellness activities, and much more coming soon!
The Center is currently funded by a 21st Century Community Learning Center grant with five main goals:
- Increase median growth in reading and math: The Center is staffed by professionals who embed intentional learning objectives into fun activities that enrich and support our overall learning environment.
- Increase essential success skills: CLC staff offers activities which encourage and support “character” development as a lifelong success skill. Participants engage in various activities and situations in which they learn appropriate interpersonal communication, personal responsibility, and decision-making skills.
- Increase school attendance: Entertaining and engaging activities are intentionally designed to encourage good attendance.
- Increase positive behaviors: By focusing on structured engaging activities and character education, students are typically more eager to engage in positive behaviors at school and carry those attributes into their homes.
- Increase family engagement: We truly exist to serve our students AND families. Look for monthly events that include our families. Current considerations include: family game nights, parenting classes, language classes, music and drama performances, cooking demonstrations, and homework help for parents. Let our Director, Tracy Evangelista, know what suggestions or needs your family may have.
See how we did on our CLC State Performance Measures!
Monday- Friday 7:00 to 8:05 AM and 3:15 – 5:30 PM excluding holidays.
Monday through Friday 7:00 to 5:30 excluding holidays. Please refer to the AAK for specific school closures.
Students must be registered to attend. Please complete a separate registration form for each sibling.
Registration for out-of-school breaks will be emailed and posted two weeks preceding the break. Be sure to check Dragon Mail, AAK social media, QR codes located at the AAK main entrance and CLC pick up and drop off area.
Drop Off and Pick Up
Before-school programming begins at 7:00 AM. Please plan to walk your student to the doors on the far northeast corner of the building (nearest the playground). Anyone dropping off after 7:40 can drive up and drop off near the front entrance. Breakfast will be served once kids are settled in their respective classrooms (around 8:05 AM).
After-school programming is offered from 3:15 pm-5:30 PM. Registered students will go directly to CLC after school unless otherwise notified. Pick up procedures will take place at the same, northeast corner door, near the playground. During inclement weather, staff may not hear the doorbell. Please call or text your name and your student’s name(s) to let staff know you are here. The CLC cell phone number is posted on the back door. For security purposes, please wait to call or text until you are at the door.
**Be prepared to show ID when you show up to get your student. Please make sure the person picking up your student is authorized. If you aren’t sure, please call the front desk at AAK to add a person.
AAK Community Learning Center is open to all current AAK students residing in the state of Colorado. Enrollment decisions shall be made in a nondiscriminatory manner without regard to disability, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, ancestry, need for special education services, on any other protected class.