The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has advised communities to prepare for a domestic outbreak of COVID-19, commonly known as the coronavirus.
For the most up-to-date information on COVID-19 and the number of confirmed cases in Colorado and in the U.S., visit:
- Larimer County Department of Health and Environment website
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website.
Building on best practices and official health recommendations, AAK has developed an infectious illness prevention, preparedness and response plan shared below. Please note this information is subject to change as the global outbreak evolves, and the school determines how best to respond to the emergency.
During an outbreak, AAK will follow the Larimer County Department of Health and Environment’s lead on any quarantines, closures, or other health measures needed. AAK’s focus is always to ensure the safety of students and staff, and, if any of those situations arise, determine how education can continue.
PREVENTION MEASURES YOU CAN DO
Parents and guardians can help prevent illness by continuing with the same critical practices – for themselves and with their children – as one would during flu season.
- Wash hands often with soap and water
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects
- Keep kids home if they are sick. Please notify the school if your child is sick and needs to stay home. If possible, please share their symptoms and if they have a positive influenza diagnosis. Refer to the CDPHE “How Sick is Too Sick”
More information is available on the Larimer County Department of Health and Environment website.