Join Our Team
We are hiring for the following positions for the 2018-19 school year:
-Substitute Teachers for grades Kindergarten through 5th Grade
Who We Are:
The Academy of Arts & Knowledge (AAK) is an Arts-integrated, K-5 charter school in southern Fort Collins. With a foundation of strong faculty, who are dedicated and passionate, we all work together for our students’ success, both at AAK and beyond. We foster a culture of collaboration and creativity within our school building, learning from each other’s successes and challenges.
What You Will Find Here
- Constructivist-based, arts-integrated curriculum
- Collaborative and creative atmosphere
- Supportive team of passionate and dedicated colleagues
- Small class sizes
- High parent involvement
- Arts, Music, Drama and Wellness
- In-depth Humanities and World Culture curriculum
- Character and Life Skills Education
Our Faculty Belief Statement Is:
We believe a great AAK teacher and staff member is proudly devoted to welcoming and accepting all students through creative collaborations. A great AAK teacher is passionate and sounds kind, respectful, creative, and knowledgeable. The community of AAK teachers and staff members promotes safety, happiness, and creativity.
- Curious in all things, constantly seeking out new knowledge, a life-long learner
- Eager to collaborate with your colleagues, both teaching and learning from each other
- Passionate about fostering a life-long love of learning
- Hands-on, ready to get messy
- Constantly engaging with new ideas to better your practice
- Willing to take risks in order to learn something new
- Understand your impact on those charged to your care and in shaping the future of your community
- Not afraid to take learning outside of the classroom
- Highly Qualified according to NCLB
How to Apply / Contact
Submit all requested materials to email@example.com
- In your subject line, include “Substitute Teacher” and “Your Name.”
- All materials must be submitted electronically in PDF format only.
Send your resume with a cover letter that addresses the following questions:
- Why are you interested in working at AAK?
- How does your experience, interests, and skills make you a strong candidate?