Return to School Plans
AS OF OCTOBER 20, 2021 AAK WILL BE FOLLOWING THE LARIMER COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT MASK MANDATE. ONCE THE MANDATE IS LIFTED WE WILL RETURN TO STRONGLY RECOMMENDING MASKS FOR ALL STUDENTS AND REQUIRING MASKS FOR ALL ADULTS.
AAK will offer in-person learning, 5 days per week for the 21-22 school year.
- We will be in-person, five days a week, starting on August 11, 2021
- Masks are required for staff who are not vaccinated and are strongly recommended for all staff regardless of vaccination status
- Masks for students are not mandatory at this time but are highly recommended
- All visitors must wear a mask while in the building regardless of vaccination status
- AAK is a mask friendly environment and fully supportive of all individuals wearing masks while on our premises
- Our mask policy may change at any time based on CDC guidance and requirements
- We will continue to sanitize and disinfect all high touch areas of the school
- We will continue to encourage hand washing and have additional handwashing sinks available
- Students will be encouraged to remain at least 3 feet away from others when possible
- Outdoor spaces will be used as much as possible
- Any staff or students experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms need to stay home. Any students exhibiting symptoms at school will be sent home and will need to be symptom-free for a minimum of 24 hours before returning. AAK will follow all Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment guidance to determine when students and staff can return to school.
- AAK will continue to work with Larimer County Health Department and follow direct guidance when students and staff have been in direct contact, experiencing symptoms, or have been diagnosed with Covid-19.